28 June 2009

I Can’t Boil Water


Well, here's a back-to-back Corinne Griffith post. After we posted Eggs I Have Known, we found another Corinne Griffith cookbook, I Can’t Boil Water. Where Eggs I Have Know name dropped individual people, I Can’t Boil Water name drops restaurants. There’s La Pavillion, La Côte Basque, The Rive Gauche, Trader Vic’s and Perino’s.

Of course, her favorite recipe comes from her own personal cook, Ben Crow.


Candied Pork Chops

6 pork chops
3/4 cup honey
3 cups cranberries
1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
Salt

Brown the chops in their own fat in a frying pan. Pour the honey into the cranberries, and add the powdered cloves and stir till you have a smooth paste. Place three of the pork chops in a casserole. Slat to taste. Cover with half the cranberry mixture. Lay the remaining pork chops on top of mixture and spread remaining cranberry mixture over all. Bake in a 350 F oven 1 1/4 hours.
I love the idea of Candied Pork Chops. The cranberries gives the dish a wonderful tang. Serve it over a plain rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin