20 January 2011

Purefoy Hotel


We did a post on the famous Purefoy Hotel Cookbook. I once read this from a book dealer: Frankly, I'm not quite sure how this book became one of the most sought-after cookbooks in America, but it is! So true.

People are often asking me if they can buy my copy. Some people collect the various editions and every time I mention it, I get e-mails from people.

Recently I got an e-mail from Alan Anderson. He told me his parents always stopped in at the Purefoy twice a year. He wrote:

"My mother's recipe book is very well used, dog eared would be an understatement. There is a menu she kept in the book."
He sent me a copy of his mother's old menu from the Purefoy that she had kept tucked in her copy of The Purefoy Hotel Cookbook.

There is no better reason to do a blog.

Thanks, Mr. Anderson

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. Thanks so much. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother, Gorda Dyson was a cook at the Purefoy Hotel. I used to go to work with her sometimes and help out in the kitchen when I was around 6 years old. What fun it was and what good food. I am now 60 years old and still can find no better food than the recipes she used.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you! It may seem so funny to people, but that hotel was like a part of the family to so many people. It still evokes amazing passion to all who knew of it. And how lucky to have the "cook" in your family. I hope she taught you all her secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. สล็อตฟรี
    สล็อตออนไลน์ เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย โอนไว จ่ายจริง. สล็อตออนไลน์ สล็อต สมัครวันนี้ รับโบนัสแรกเข้าทันที สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่ สุดยอดเว็บที่รวบรวมเกมฮิตไว้มากที่สุดไว้รอพวกคุณ

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin